Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Claire is now in a big girl bed!!!!! Her first night was Jan. 10th.

When Claire and I went to Wal-Mart Sunday afternoon, there was a crib in her room. When we returned, there was a big girl bed in her room! Thanks to Daddy!!

Nothing new was purchased...just some 'switching' of furniture and bedding.
Allison 'moved up' to a full bed that used to be mine---an antique four poster bed my mom gave us when she moved. Claire got Allison's iron twin bed and bedding--since I just bought a new quilt for Allison's room back in the summer that I LOVE.

Claire's Big Girl Bed




Now that it has been a week, Claire has done pretty well transitioning to her new bed. Of course she has had many reasons NOT to stay in her bed, but that is NOTHING new. She had tons of excuses to stay awake when she was still in her crib.

Claire's Top Ten Reasons to Stay Awake:
10. I hungry.
9. I thirsty.
8. I need to potty...BAD!
7. I need to give Allison a kiss.
6. I need to give Daddy a kiss.
5. I not tired.
4. Mommy, you didn't read me a book!
3. Mommy, will you please read me another book?!
2. I need to give Chesney a hug.
And the #1 Reason to Stay Awake:
1. Mommy, ummm...ummm...ummm... (a.k.a. I am out of reason's but will talk to my mom until she is soooo frustrated, that she gets me out of bed and lets me watch tv with her! Unfortunately, this has worked and she gets to get up. I know, I am not proud of this but I do what works sometimes!)

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the blog....I enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete